Sunday, August 19, 2018

SharePoint document metadata not updating

I faced a weird issue today, Metadata for document which has lookup column was not updating even after saving the item.

There was no error in browser and only modified timestamp was getting updated, Not sure about why this happens but I found the solution. I got the exact error after editing document properties using word.

So the issue I was facing was :


  • Document metadata was not updating OR
  • Lookup column was not saving value OR
  • Lookup column was updating as empty OR
  • In Word I was getting : Document Information Panel: Value’ is in nil content

 I guess this happens only  in document library.

Follow below steps for fixing this issue :


  1. Open word document and click on Home/File button in Top Left window
  2. Click on Info in right navigation
  3. Click on Check for Issues 
  4. Click on Inspect document 
  5. Select Document Properties and Personal Information, Click Inspect Button.
  6. After that click on remove all
  7. Save & Close document 
  8. Edit properties should work now

No comments:

Post a Comment

SharePoint document metadata not updating

I faced a weird issue today, Metadata for document which has lookup column was not updating even after saving the item. There was no erro...